Lumbini Buddha Garden is a quiet and tranquil hotel close to the birthplace of Buddha, at Lumbini in south-central Nepal. The garden boasts a private haven of tranquility, in a sense a spiritual ‘buffer zone’ from the outside world for visiting guests. Here one finds an environment to meditate and relax in peace, as well as learning about Buddhism. The Lumbini Buddha Garden Resort is set in a natural environment so that our guests and visitors feel that they are living in true harmony with nature. The Garden is close to the original Lumbini Grove, Buddha’s birthplace and acts as a complement to the latter. For the service it offers, the resort may come under the category of budget hotels in Lumbini.
Lumbini Buddha Garden is a quiet and tranquil Resort close to the birthplace of Lord Buddha, at Lumbini in south-central Nepal. The garden boasts a private haven of tranquility surrounding the resort, in a sense a spiritual ‘buffer zone’ from the outside world for visiting tourists. Visitors to the garden find an environment where they can meditate and relax in peace, as well as learning about Buddhism should they wish to do so.
The Lumbini Buddha Garden Resort is set in a natural environment so that, during a stay, our guests feel that they are living in true harmony with nature. The Garden is close to the original Lumbini Grove and complements to the latter.
The Garden boasts the following benefits:
- A peaceful environment nestled near the winding Telar River, surrounded by tree groves and native plants, including tree species associated to Buddha's life
- Clean, private accommodation in small, indigenous-style thatched and mud-painted houses with attached bathrooms providing hot and cold showers
- A secluded double storey accommodation with en-suite facilities ideal for small groups
- Each room has adjustable air-conditioning
- Great accommodation and excellent services for workshops and training programs
- A spacious dining area with a well-stocked bar serving varieties of drinks and delicious, tasty meals
- For adventure loving guests there are tented accommodation with attached bathrooms that are designed to give the feel of adventure camping but in comfort
- Our own organic garden from where seasonal vegetables and fruits are harvested. These are hygienic and fresh and frequently make it to guests' food menu
- Natural open areas for contemplative meditation /yoga. On request gazebo or a large tent can be pitched at a quiet place within the property
- Immerse yourself in the open plan bathtub
- Open bar and bar-b-q (with camp fire in winter) dinner for groups
- Indulge in sporting activities include badminton, table tennis, jugging
- Several sitting areas outside the main dining area –this gives space and privacy
- Spend time in a laid-back manner in natural outdoor hammocks
- Stay connected with loved ones with free wifi
- Take selfies and wefies to update your events to your friends and families
- A mini library for book lovers of Buddhism and nature
- Spend walking around the resort gardens to enjoy the nature it has preserved. Guided bird watching/nature tours are available for those who wish to be introduced to flora and fauna in the area. Longer tours can be also arranged (see under package tours). We will need advance notice.
- Guided tours of Lumbini’s ancient heritage sites, village/cultural tours