Lumbini Buddha Garden is a quiet and tranquil Resort close to the birthplace of Lord Buddha, at Lumbini in south-central Nepal. The garden boasts a private haven of tranquility surrounding the resort, in a sense a spiritual ‘buffer zone’ from the outside world for visiting tourists. Visitors to the garden find an environment where they can meditate and relax in peace, as well as learning about Buddhism should they wish to do so.
The Lumbini Buddha Garden Resort is set in a natural environment so that, during a stay, our guests feel that they are living in true harmony with nature. The Garden is close to the original Lumbini Grove and complements to the latter. For the service it offers, the resort may come under the category of budget hotels in Lumbini.
The Lumbini Buddha Garden presents with:
- A peaceful environment nestled near the winding Telar River, surrounded by tree groves and native plants, including tree species associated to Buddha's life
- Clean, private accommodation in small, indigenous-style thatched and mud-painted houses with attached bathrooms providing hot and cold showers
- Three secluded double storey accommodation units with en-suite facilities ideal for small groups
- Air-conditioned accommodation and excellent services for workshops and training programs
- Conference room with all the modern facilities accommodating 150 participants, additional space and rooms available for workshops/events
- A spacious indoor dining area with a well-stocked bar serving varieties of drinks and delicious, tasty meals
- Tented accommodation with attached bathrooms that are designed to give the feel of adventure camping but in real sense its "glamping"
- Presidential suite
- Organic farm for seasonal vegetables and fresh fruits that frequently make to guests' food menu. Other supplies come from local farmers' market
- Natural open areas for contemplative meditation /yoga. Gazebo or a large tent are available and can be pitched at a quiet place within the property
- Open plan bathtub
- Open bar and bar-b-q (with camp fire in winter) dinner for groups
- Wedding and banquet services
- Sporting activities include badminton, table tennis, jugging
- Sitting areas outside the main dining area –lending open space and privacy
- Outdoor hammocks and swings
- Free wifi--stay connected with loved ones and post photo of the place!
- Selfies and wefies points --update your events to your friends and families
- A mini library on Buddhism and nature
- Parking area accommodating more than 100 small vehicles
- Spend walking around the resort gardens to enjoy the nature it has preserved. Guided bird watching/nature tours are available for those who wish to be introduced to flora and fauna in the area. Longer tours can be also arranged (see under package tours). We will need advance notice.
- Guided tours of Lumbini’s ancient heritage sites, village/cultural tours
- We support social and nature conservation charities ...should you wish to support them please log on for information www.autismnepal.org and www.himalayannature.org