How to reach Lumbini?
Seamless International Access to Lumbini
- While Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu is a common entry point, the Bhairahawa airport has been upgraded to an international airport and offers an alternative with excellent facilities.
- The Gautam Buddha International Airport is conveniently located close to Lumbini.
- Jazeera Airways operates three flights per week to this airport, with more international airlines planning to commence services soon.
- A quick 15-20 minute taxi ride connects the airport to the Lumbini Buddha Garden.
Domestic Connectivity to Lumbini
- Numerous flight options within Nepal make Lumbini easily accessible:
- A 30-minute flight from Kathmandu
- A 20-minute journey from Pokhara or Chitwan
- A 40-minute trip from Biratnagar
- Daily flights from Kathmandu and at least four flights per day from Pokhara are available.
- Luxury air-conditioned buses also ply to Lumbini from these towns.
- Road trip options include a 7-hour drive from Kathmandu, a 4-hour journey from Chitwan, or a 5-hour trip from Pokhara.
- For guests arriving from Sunauli (India), rickshaws, buses, and cabs are available for the final leg of the journey to the Lumbini Buddha Garden, which is located near the Telar River bridge by Parsa Chok.
Immigration counters at Sunauli (India) and Bhairahawa (Nepal) serve all international visitors to ensure a smooth and stress-free arrival.