Natural History Tour | 2 nights/3 days
Day 1: Beginning Your Adventure
Arrival and Refreshments
- Warm welcome with refreshing drinks on arrival.
- The camp staff will be eagerly waiting to receive you, providing a detailed brief about the lodge facilities and the afternoon programme.
Enjoy a fresh and delicious lunch inside the cozy dining hall or in our picturesque outdoor sitting area, weather permitting.
Birdwatching and Exploring Lumbini
- After lunch, embark on an exploratory journey in the farmlands of Lumbini, recognised as an Important Bird and Biodiversity Area by BirdLife International.
- The camp spans over 10 acres of mixed woodland, grassland, and marshes along the Telar River, offering an ideal habitat for diverse bird species.
- Get the chance to spot a variety of birds, including the Grey Hornbill, Asian Koel, Lesser Goldenback, Brown-capped Pygmy Woodpeckers, Spotted Owlet, Common Babbler, Indian Spotted Eagle, and Sarus Crane.
- If time permits, enjoy a short walk through the cultivated fields, immersing yourself in the serenity of nature.
Wrap up the day with a delectable dinner, served either in our inviting dining hall or outdoors under the starry night, according to your preference.
Day 2: Journey to Jagdishpur Reservoir
Early Breakfast and Drive
- Start the day with a delightful breakfast.
- Embark on a one-and-a-half-hour drive to the renowned Jagdishpur Reservoir, located just 40km away from our lodge.
- The journey will include several stops to observe fascinating bird species.
Birdwatching at the Reservoir
- Known as one of Nepal's most important wetlands, the Reservoir attracts up to 20,000 waterbirds during mid-January.
- Witness a diverse array of bird species such as the Purple Swamphen, Pheasant-tailed Jacana, Cotton Pygmy Goose, Black Ibis, Lesser Adjutant Stork, Black-breasted Weaver, and a variety of ducks, including the Ferruginous Ducks and Red-crested Pochard.
- If we're fortunate, we may even spot the critically endangered vultures.
Return and Late Lunch
- Return to Lumbini Buddha Garden (LBG) after an exhilarating day of birdwatching for a late lunch. Alternatively, enjoy a packed lunch amidst the scenic backdrop of the lake or a charming farmland patch.
- Refreshments for the journey include fruits, water, and other drinks.
- We may go on another leisurely walk through the nearby cultivated fields.
- Culminate the day with a delicious dinner, served according to your preference, inside our dining hall or under the open sky.
Day 3: Morning Exploration and Departure
Early Morning Birdwatching or Peace Pagoda Visit
- Start your day early by exploring the lowland farmland birds around the camp.
- For the early risers, there is the option to visit the serene Peace Pagoda and be picked up later by a vehicle for breakfast.
Farewell from Lumbini Buddha Garden
- After a three-day journey full of remarkable experiences and spectacular birdwatching, it's time to bid farewell to Lumbini Buddha Garden.
- Transportation: All transportation to the program areas in private tourist vehicles.
- Accommodation: A two-night stay includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Entrance Fees: All applicable entrance fees are covered.
- Tour Guide: An expert tour guide to accompany you throughout the tour for a seamless experience.
For more queries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.