Lumbini Buddha Garden is a quiet and tranquil Resort close to the birthplace of Lord Buddha, at Lumbini in south-central Nepal. The garden boasts a private haven of tranquillity surrounding the resort, in a sense a spiritual ‘buffer zone’ from the outside world for visiting tourists. Visitors to the garden find an environment where they can meditate and relax in peace, as well as learning about Buddhism should they wish to do so.
The Lumbini Buddha Garden Resort is set in a natural environment so that, during a stay, our guests feel that they are living in true harmony with nature. The Garden is close to the original Lumbini Grove and will act as a complement to the latter.
The Garden boasts the following features:
- A large area of semi-natural vegetation, including tree species that had significance to Buddha's life.
- A small dining with thatched roof.
- Private accommodation in local-style thatched bungalow.
- All rooms with attached bath. Hot & cold showers.
- Spotlessly clean rooms and hygienic food with vegetables grown in our own organic gardens.
- A contemplative meditation house. (under construction)
- A small library and other services aimed at assisting study and contemplation.